Friday, March 25, 2005

Ressurection and Passion (Easter A)

What is the link between the passion and easter? Can they be separated?

Over the last few years, it has become very important to me to take time out for this holiday, but I've noticed that it is the passion that I'm usually talking about. Today we had Good Friday observances joining with our Methodist and Moravian friends. We contemplated the satations of the cross. I tried to hide the snot coming from my nose, as the tears welled in my eyes. This is good. I need to think on his sacrifice.

What does that mean about this Sunday? He is risen. Does that mean that we have happy ending? Is it just the postscript?

My dad found this sermon started in his study this week on the products (eggs?) of the ressurection.

Power
Promise
Presence
Pardon

I can see the first three, but pardon? Wasn't that what the cross was about? Dad reminded me that Paul makes clear that with out the ressurection there would be no pardon. Righteous men have died before, but there is something about the ressurection that makes our faith substantive. What is it? Is it that he conquered death? Is it that he truley was the son of God and the Eternal Spirit would not die? Is it that the ressurection was the seal of God's aproval?

Lord birth a fire in my soul that will shout and celebrate Sunday!

No comments: