Saturday, March 26, 2005

Hidden in Christ (Easter A)

for you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life is revealed, then you also will be revealed with him in glory.

This idea grabbed me today. My life is hidden in Christ. I die to myself, do all I can to obliterate self and live as Christ. In the end my life, my true person is revealed with Christ in his Glory! How intimate to be hidden away in the bosom of Christ for the day of perfection. How fulfilling to know that in the end I will live again. I feel so warm and sentimental as I meditate on this truth. Do you?

This is the mystical meaning in the resurrection that I've been searching for - to set my soul on fire. It strikes me that this search for meaning is just like my search for meaning in baptism, and as I begin to appreciate the power of the resurrection, I will appreciate my baptism as well.

>Click for more

No comments: