Thursday, April 14, 2005

Lots of paths (Easter A4)

The guys at the ministerial meeting today had varied approaches to the text.

You could preach about the gatekeeper, the gate (trying to distinguish between the gate and the gatekeeper might create a sticky trinitarian conundrum-hard to preach), the thief, the voice, the church community, the shepherd guarding our souls.

I don't know what Art is preaching but the sign at his church says "The Doors in My Hallway." I wonder what that's about.

"In the end," Glenn says, "It comes down to that last verse"

I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

I could do a laundry list of what it means to be in the sheepfold from theses passages, or perhaps I will focus on knowing the voice of the shepherd.

Any other preaching thoughts out there? Hit the comment link and share!

No comments: