Thursday, January 27, 2005

Walk humbly with your God.

Humility comes with walking hand in hand with God. It is humbling to be correctly related to God. It is when we rely on the self-righteousness of our beliefs and works that we exalt ourselves above the Holy.

Our conceit and rebellion cannot be redeemed with our sacrifice.

Micah 6:6,7 With what shall I come before the LORD
and bow down before the exalted God?
Shall I come before him with burnt offerings,
with calves a year old?

Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams,
with ten thousand rivers of oil?
Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression,
the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?

Especially contrasted with the awesome power of God to deliver the people from Egypt. The Holy God acts ferociously in his mercy. In addition to his holy transcendence, this also shows his grace. He wants to lead us out of captivity. He wants to walk with us! It is possible to be Holy as He is, if we walk humbly with him.

Do I love Justice? Do I love mercy? My self-exulted heart cannot, it is hard and blind. When I revel instead in the light of his Glory and Grace, my heart melts. The things God requires are internal, heart maters. O Lord! Tear through the shield I have put around my heart and humble me! Batter My Heart Three Personed God!

Cliff said that the gospel is there, it is wonderful knowing exactly what God requires.

No comments: