Friday, October 8, 2004

What it means to my audience (Proper C23)

Here's what I finally settled on:

  • Subject: How should the Jews act in exile?
  • Complement: In exile the Jews should make a
    home and wait on the Lord.
  • Exegetical Idea: The jews were not to revolt, but
    rather settle in, pray for the wellfare of their oppressors, and seek God.
  • Homiletic Idea: In our lives, we cannot let those things
    that represent God become gods, instead we should seek him and his kingdom.
  • Purpose: Hearers will examine their relationship to God
    and take communion.

I'm going to work this into a narrative sermon. That is what I've been doing for this series. I'm going to try to do justice to the "Last best hope" plot and unpack a trunk for an object lesson. Any one else working with this text? What are you doing?


No comments: